How to Conduct an Emergency Planning Committee Meeting
Emergencies are a part of life and they can't be avoided—only planned for.
The impact of any emergency on your business or personal life depends greatly on your planning capabilities and the ability to manage it with a solution-oriented approach. And it all starts with prep events like meetings.
AS3745 Planning for Emergencies in Facilities states that an Emergency Planning Committee Meeting should be held annually. This course will teach you how to prepare for it and how to set your imperatives straight so you can make the most of the time and help everyone understand their responsibilities well.
The purpose of this course is to educate anyone who is actively involved when it comes to planning for emergencies, implementing standards, and conducting reviews. The purpose of these meetings is to ensure the security of the facility and to be prepared for adversity, by discussing:
- Prevention measures
- Emergency control organisation imperatives
- Emergency mitigation procedures
The participants of this course will learn how to:
- Understand the responsibilities associated with their role as a committee member
- Comprehend the legislation associated with the process
- Identify possible hazards and risks
- Create effective emergency response plans
- Improve the effectiveness of risk management procedures
- Create evacuation diagrams
- Device a great communications plan for emergencies
- Delegate responsibilities
- Ensure compliance and safety
- It's time to prepare and prevent emergencies before they happen!
There are 44 key topics that need to be discussed by most businesses.