How to Manage Unacceptable Behaviour in the Workplace
Many people see conflict as a negative experience. In fact, conflict is a necessary part of your personal growth and development. Think of when you were trying to choose your major in college, for example, or trying to decide between two jobs.
However, conflict becomes an issue when the people involved cannot work through it. They become engaged in a battle that does not result in growth. When this type of conflict arises, negative energy can result, causing hurt feelings and damaged relationships.
What will you and your team get out of the course?
1. Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate.
2. Understand the types of conflict and the stages of conflict.
3. Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies.
4. Explain what is acceptable behaviour in the workplace and what is not, and why
5. Define the various types of harassment, including sexual harassment
6. State some ways to prevent harassment and understand what role you can play
7. Demonstrate some ways to protect yourself from harassment
8. Become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.